Thursday, May 8, 2014

Yellow Brick Road quilt top

Here is the current quilt I am working on, I finished the top in a little over a week (not bad in my opinion) and I am mostly satisfied with it. What I am not satisfied with is the big C of blue on the upper left quadrant that we were not able to detect when laying out the blocks on the floor.  I am convinced I need to make a design wall more than ever!  Especially since I love quilting so much, why not invest in something that would make my quilting a little easier?    

She is another reason I need a design wall - this beauty just could not refrain from hanging out on my blocks which she messed up several times!  I finally had to put her in the spare bedroom just so I could finish.  She is a hot mess most of the time!    

The fabric I used was a bundle of fat quarters of Michael Miller Fairy Frost I got from The Fat Quarter Shop more than 2 years ago when they have their daily deals for Christmas.  If you have never checked that out, you need to, I believe it starts on Dec 1 and goes until Christmas Day.  I took it to a LQS The Cotton Cupboard a few months later and the owner helped me find Soul Garden by Carolyn Gavin for P&B Textiles, which was a perfect match for the Fairy Frost!  I originally had plans to make a queen size quilt but then we bought a king size bed and traded our queen for a full size so now it will be full size.  Definitely the biggest I have made.  Still trying to decide how to quilt it or I may just tie it.  I have fabrics picked out for the back I will share soon.  I have SO MANY WIPs (most ever since I have been sewing), but it's so exciting!!!  
thanks for visiting!!

1 comment: